Apple has rolled out an EMI Scheme targeted specifically at the Indian market
The pricing for the iPhone XS and the XS Max has sparked discussions and trolls, especially in India where the entire line-up (we’ll count the Rs 99,900 64GB iPhone XS in this list) has crossed the six-figure threshold. Apple’s ‘Get it Now’ EMI scheme is a bid to make this device slightly easier to own, especially if you are not ready to cough up upwards of 1 lakh with one credit card swipe.
- You can get the iPhone XS with a ‘zero’ down payment and pay Rs 4,499 over a 24-month period. The effective cost of ownership is Rs Rs 107,976. Check with your retailer on the GST impact on the Interest component.
- The EMI plan will also apply for the iPhone XR when it debuts on October 26 in India.
- Apple sweetens the deal with a 5% cash back on the EMI scheme if you use a Citi or Axis Bank credit card.
- Indiastore.com, the official platform for Apple distributors in India has an EMI calculator on its landing page for the entire bouquet of XS and XS variants.
- Meanwhile Flipkart has listed an exchange offer on its pre-order window for upto Rs 13,500 on the XS and the XS Max.
The iPhone XS costs Rs 99,900 (64GB), Rs 114,900 (256GB) or Rs 134,900 (512GB). The iPhone XS Max costs Rs 109,900 (64GB), Rs 124,900 (256GB) or Rs 144,900 (512GB).